Rich, creamy and incredibly decadent this chocolate mousse is whipped in under 15 minutes. This is a no eggs, no gelatin, no fuss recipe.
The classic French-style Chocolate Mousse is made with eggs. Some people don't like the sound of eating raw eggs. And some find whipping up the egg whites a hassle. So this 3-Ingredient Easy Chocolate Mousse is egg-less and only requires whipping cream, chocolate and sugar! That is all! If you have these ingredients in your kitchen, then let's start whipping this jar of chocolate heaven.
HOW TO MAKE 3-INGREDIENT EASY CHOCOLATE MOUSSE
- Make chocolate ganache. Warm the chocolate and some of the whipping cream in the microwave. Stir until the chocolate is melted and mixed in.
- Whip heavy cream. With an electric mixer, whip the cream till medium peaks form. Add powdered sugar.
- Fold in the two. In batches, fold the ganache into the whipped cream. Use a spatula to fold gradually. Folding means to gently combine the two mixtures without beating or stirring to avoid deflating.
- Set in glasses. Pour in the chocolate mousse into your choice of jars and refrigerate for an hour.
- Decorate and serve. Top with whipped cream, cocoa powder, strawberries (optional), mint (optional) and serve.
STORING AND FREEZING
The chocolate mousse cannot be frozen as that will change its texture. You can store it in the fridge for 3-4 days though.
WATCH HOW TO MAKE IT
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
3-Ingredient Easy Chocolate Mousse
Rich, creamy and incredibly decadent this chocolate mousse is whipped in under 15 minutes. This is a no eggs, no gelatin, no fuss recipe.Print Pin Rate
- 250 ml 1 cup whipping cream
- 150 g good-quality baking chocolate
- 2-3 tablespoon powdered sugar
- Pour ¾ cup of the whipping cream to a metal bowl and put it in the fridge along with the whisk to chill. Cold cream in cold utensils whips better.
- Chop the chocolate. I use a mixture of semi-sweet and dark chocolate. Add it to a microwave-safe bowl along with ¼ cup cream. Microwave for 30 seconds and stir. Keep microwaving in 30-second intervals while mixing in between until melted. Put this chocolate ganache aside to cool.
- Whip the chilled cream till medium peaks form.
- Add the powdered sugar to the cream and beat once more to combine it.
- Reserve 2-3 tablespoon of the cream for garnish.
- Fold in the chocolate ganache into the whipped cream 3 batches with a spatula. Be patient while folding. You don't want to deflate the cream.
- When everything is mixed in, pour this mousse into a piping bag. You can also spoon it into your ramekins or glasses. The piping bags makes it less messy though.
- Refrigerate for an hour at least.
- Before serving, top with some whipped cream, dust with cocoa powder, add sliced strawberries and a sprig of mint.
- Enjoy cold!
Did you make this recipe?Please leave a star rating and a review in the comments. You can also tag @chilitochoc on Instagram. I love hearing your feedback!