This Mushroom and Cheese Omelette will be your new breakfast favourite. It is stuffed with crispy, golden mushrooms, refreshing baby spinach and loads of cheese. Also, seasoned with the perfect mix of herbs and spices, it is something you get at fancy restaurants.
Egg is my favourite breakfast. I am always creating new egg recipes so I don't get bored of the same kind of egg.
Today's recipe is not gonna disappoint you! Whip up this scrumptious treat for your breakfast tomorrow and I assure you you'll love it. It is easy peasy!
And the great part is, you can always use any leftover vegetables for the stuffing. I personally think, mushroom, spinach and cheese is a match made in heaven, but the possibilities are endless with this omelette.
More Breakfast/Brunch Recipes
For The Omelette
- 2 eggs
- ½ teaspoon or to taste salt
- ¼ teaspoon grounded black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon paprika powder
- ¼ teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1 tablespoon neutral oil
For The Stuffing
- 2 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 3-4 white mushrooms sliced
- ½ cup baby spinach optional
- ¼ cup mozzarella/gouda cheese grated
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- pinch salt
- pinch grounded black pepper
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- cherry tomatoes
- feta cheese
- Whisk the eggs and mix in all the spices.
- In a pan melt the butter and cook the the mushrooms on high heat.
- When they turn slightly crisp and brown add soy sauce, oregano, salt and black pepper. Mix.
- Turn off the flame and add the baby spinach. Mix and keep aside!
- Now heat the oil in the same pan. On low-medium heat, add the eggs. When cooked from one side, flip them carefully with a big spatula.
- On one-half of the omelet put the mushroom stuffing.
- Then top it with the cheese.
- Carefully fold over the other half of the omelet over the stuffing making a semi-circle.
- Lower the heat and cover the pan so that the cheese melts.
- Take out in a plate and garnish with sliced cherry tomatoes and crumbled feta cheese.
Did you make this recipe?Please leave a star rating and a review in the comments. You can also tag @chilitochoc on Instagram. I love hearing your feedback!
PIN ME FOR LATER