A quick vegetarian pasta dish made with linguine, crimini mushrooms, roasted garlic and baby spinach, tossed in a creamy Parmesan sauce and then topped with toasted pine nuts. It's quick, easy and oh-so-delicious!
This Creamy Mushroom and Spinach Pasta is my comfort food. Creamy, cheesy, rich, quick and easy! It's meatless but filling and flavourful. If you want, you can totally add some chicken or shrimps to it. But trust me, you won't need it. The crimini mushrooms, the fresh spinach, the toasted pine nuts, the Parmesan cheese make this pasta dish a full meal.
- I am using crimini mushrooms but use whatever you like. Some options are shiitake, portobello, chestnut.
- I highly recommend Parmesan or Grana Padano cheese for this dish. It imparts a really complex, nutty flavour that cannot be substituted.
- You can use Italian herbs or dried oregano instead of dried basil leaves.
- Pine nuts can be skipped but I strongly suggest adding them. And toasting them is a must!
- Linguine pasta can be replaced with tagliatelle, pappardelle, penne or fusilli.
SIMILAR RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE
- Spicy Pasta Arrabiata
- Creamy Chicken Fajita Fettucine
- Spaghetti Aglio E Olio
- Easy Homemade Mac and Cheese
Let's stay connected! Follow me on Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest for the latest updates. And subscribe to my YouTube channel for video recipes
Creamy Mushroom And Spinach Pasta
A quick vegetarian pasta dish tossed in a Parmesan cheese sauce along with mushrooms and baby spinach.Print Pin Rate
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 8-10 mushrooms sliced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 150 g linguine
- 1 cup cooking cream
- ½ teaspoon crushed black pepper
- ⅓ chicken stock cube
- ½ teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 2 tablespoon pine nuts
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese grated plus extra for topping
- Begin cooking the pasta according to the package instructions. Time it with the sauce so that you can add immediately into it. Don't rinse the pasta.
- Heat olive oil and cook the mushrooms on medium-high heat.
- When they are brown and caramelized add the garlic and saute for 2 mins. Don't burn it.
- Pour in the cream on medium low heat along with black pepper, chicken stock cube and basil leaves. Simmer for 4-5 mins till the cream starts thickening.
- Add the Parmesan cheese and stir until it melts.
- Add the drained pasta into the pan. And toss to coat it with the sauce.
- Turn off heat and mix in the baby spinach till it wilts.
- Transfer to your serving dish.
- Heat a smaller pan, toast the pine nuts on high heat.
- Top the pasta with toasted pine nuts and freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
If your cream does not thicken, sprinkle around half a teaspoon of white flour in the sauce and mix well on low heat to avoid forming any lumps.
Did you make this recipe?Please leave a star rating and a review in the comments. You can also tag @chilitochoc on Instagram. I love hearing your feedback!
PIN ME FOR LATER