Stuffed Chicken Breast with Sundried Tomatoes is an easy yet fancy grilled chicken recipe that makes plain chicken breast desirable again. This stuffed chicken is bursting with flavours from the tartness of sundried tomatoes to the mild and nutty Gouda cheese to the freshness of baby spinach to the garlic-infused oil.
The possibilities with stuffed chicken are endless and the best part is how it elevates boring old chicken breasts. And it may look complex and fancy but trust me it is super simple.
You just slice the chicken breasts, season them and then stuff with whatever you love, in today's recipe we are doing a combination of sun dried tomatoes, baby spinach and Gouda cheese. Cook in your grill pan and voila you have it, a delicious chicken breast oozing with cheese and the exquisite sundried tomatoes.
Juicy and moist from the inside and beautifully charred from the outside this dish will soon become your family favourite.
And if you have some leftover sun-dried tomatoes make sure you try out my super flavourful Pasta with Pesto Rosso (sun-dried tomato pesto).
Stuffed Chicken Breast Variations
Combine a few of your favourite stuffing ideas and put in the chicken breast:
- Caramelized onions
- Mozzarella cheese
- Basil pesto
- Cherry tomatoes
- Roasted peppers
More Fancy Dinner Recipes
Let’s stay connected! Follow me on Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest for the latest updates. And subscribe to my YouTube channel for video recipes.
Stuffed Chicken with Sundried Tomatoes
Juicy chicken breasts loaded with sundried tomatoes, cheese and baby spinach.Print Pin Rate
- 2 chicken boneless breasts approx 200g each
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon grounded black pepper
- ½ teaspoon ginger powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2-3 garlic cloves thinly sliced
FOR THE STUFFING
- ½ cup Gouda cheese
- ½ cup sundried tomatoes sliced
- few leaves of baby spinach
- ½ teaspoon dried basil optional
- Slice each chicken breast in the middle but don’t cut all the way through. It should look like a pocket.
- Mix together salt, black pepper, ginger garlic powder and olive oil. Slather this all over the outside and inside of the chicken breasts. Leave for at least 30 mins.
- Open the chicken and place some Gouda cheese first, then add sundried tomatoes and finally add some baby spinach. Sprinkle some dried basil leaves on top (optional) and then seal with two toothpicks (each breast) threaded along the edges of the chicken. This will prevent the stuffing from falling out.
- Heat some olive oil in a pan, put the chicken and cook each side for approximately 5-8 mins. Cover the pan in between.
- When the chicken is almost cooked add the garlic cloves to the oil and let them roast. Take a spoon and pour that oil on the chicken to infuse it with the garlic flavour and also to give it colour.
- Take out the chicken and let rest for a few mins before serving.
- Top with some more fresh baby spinach, sundried tomatoes and serve with a side of grilled vegetables.
- If you are buying dried sundried tomatoes rather than the ones packed in oil you’ll need to rehydrate them. Before using put them in a microwave-safe bowl and add some salt. Microwave for 2 mins and let sit for an hour till they are soft. Use them straightway or leave them in olive oil for a couple of hours and add some oregano. The oil can be later used to flavour any dish or in your normal cooking procedure.
Did you make this recipe?Please leave a star rating and a review in the comments. You can also tag @chilitochoc on Instagram. I love hearing your feedback!
PIN IT FOR LATER
Leave a Review