These decadent double chocolate muffins are oozing with nutella. Loaded with cocoa powder, chocolate chips and nutella, they are a chocolate lover's dream.
Say hello to these super moist, soft and gooey muffins! I am very excited to share today's wonderful recipe because every time I have made these muffins they come out perfect, just how you get them from a bakery.
The flavour of the chocolate has been intensified by the touch of instant coffee powder. And the chocolate chips and gooey nutella centre elevates the plain old chocolate muffins.
Tips On Making Nutella Chocolate Muffins
- Don't over mix the dry ingredients with the wet batter. Doing so can result in tough, dry muffins. If there are a few dry lumps of flour in the batter, it is okay.
- Make sure the oven is pre-heated well before putting in the muffin tray.
- We are only using oil in this recipe to make the muffins soft and moist.
- Buttermilk further adds to the moistness of these muffins. If you use milk they will be less moist. I have written in the notes below how to make your own buttermilk.
- Don't overbake the muffins. Keep an eye in the last few minutes and take them out as soon as the toothpick inserted into them comes out clean. You will need to insert the toothpick to the side since the centre is filled with nutella and it will be gooey.
Can You Store These Muffins
Yes store them in an airtight container for 4-5 days. These muffins also freeze well.
Watch How To Make It
More Chocolate Desserts
- 300 g (2 ⅜ cup) all-purpose flour
- 50 g (½ cup) cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 150 g white sugar
- 100 g brown sugar
- 2 medium eggs at room temperature
- 1 cup (250ml) buttermilk or see note how to make your own
- ½ cup (125ml) vegetable/canola oil
- 2 teaspoon instant coffee
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 100 g chocolate chocolate chips divided
- 12-24 teaspoon nutella
- Line a muffin tray with liner and preheat oven to 200°C (390°F).
- In a bowl sift all-purpose flour, cocoa powder and baking powder. Add white sugar, brown sugar and salt and mix.
- In another bowl whisk together eggs, buttermilk, neutral oil, vanilla extract and instant coffee.
- Add 75g chocolate chips to the dry ingredients. Then pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients in thirds and fold with a spatula until combined. Do not over mix.
- Fill the muffin liners with the batter halfway. Then spoon 1-2 teaspoon of nutella in the middle. Top with chocolate batter till full.
- Bake at 200C (390F) for 15-20 mins until a toothpick inserted off-centre comes out clean.
- To make your own buttermilk, add 1 tablespoon vinegar to 1 cup (250ml) milk and let sit for 10-15 mins till milk is curdled.
PIN ME FOR LATER