Spaghetti Aglio E Olio translates to 'spaghetti with garlic and oil'. A very basic pasta recipe which is so refreshing and addictive. It makes for a great side or quick everyday meal since it comes together in only 15 mins. You can totally add your choice of protein to it. I love it with shrimp. But traditionally it is made just with some olive oil, fresh garlic and Parmesan.
Main Ingredients Of Spaghetti Aglio E Olio
- Spaghetti: Any kind of long thin pasta or noodles will work for this dish.
- Olive Oil: It is one of the main ingredient so use a good quality one.
- Garlic: The aroma of fried garlic is what makes this dish so addicting for me. Use loads of garlic if you love it as much as me.
- Red Chili Flakes: This is for just a hint of spice which is does overpower this dish at all.
- Parmesan Cheese: I prefer Parmesan or Grana Padona for this dish.
You Might Also Like
- Yaki Udon with Shrimp (Japanese Stir Fried Noodles)
- Creamy Chicken Fajita Fettuccine
- Fettuccine Alfredo with Grilled Chicken
- Creamy Mushroom and Spinach Pasta
Let’s stay connected! Follow me on Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest for the latest updates. And subscribe to my YouTube channel for video recipes.
Spaghetti Aglio E Olio
- 200 g spaghetti
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves thinly sliced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chicken powder optional
- 1 teaspoon red chili flakes
- ½ teaspoon crushed black pepper
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese
- Boil spaghetti according to package instructions till al dente. Reserve ¼ cup of the water the spaghetti was boiled in.
- Heat olive oil in a pan. Add the garlic and cook till its golden. Then add chili flakes. Fry for a minute.
- On medium-high heat add the pasta water and spaghetti along with salt, chicken powder and crushed black pepper. Mix.
- Add two-thirds of the cheese. Toss and let the cheese melt.
- Serve immediately, topping with the remaining cheese, some more fried garlic, a dash of chili flakes and chopped coriander leaves.