How To Make Spicy Fish Nuggets
- Cut the fish in cubes then mix in the vinegar, peri peri seasoning, ginger garlic paste, black pepper, salt and all-purpose flour.
- Dip the fish in egg then give a good coating of panko breadcrumbs. Freeze the nuggets at this point if you want to.
- Deep-fry the fish on medium heat. See the recipe card below on instructions for air-frying ang baking.
- Serve hot with a dip of your choice.
Peri Peri Seasoning Alternative
- Peri Peri (or Piri Piri) seasoning is not Peri Peri salt.
- If you cannot find Peri Peri seasoning you can even make your own. Click here for a pretty good recipe.
- You can also use 1-2 tablespoon of Peri Peri sauce (medium or hot).
- But if you still want some simpler, non-spicy fish nuggets, just replace peri peri seasoning with the following ingredients and follow rest of the recipe as it is: ½ teaspoon paprika powder, ½ teaspoon garlic powder, ½ teaspoon cumin powder, ½ teaspoon dried oregano and ½ teaspoon white pepper.
Can You Freeze Spicy Fish Nuggets
Which Fish To Use
More Snack Ideas
Spicy Fish Nuggets
- 300 g boneless white fish cut in cubes
- ¾ cup panko breadcrumbs
- 4 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoon milk
FOR FISH SPICE MIX
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1-2 teaspoon peri peri seasoning
- 1 teaspoon ginger garlic paste
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon crushed black pepper
- 2 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- Add vinegar, peri peri seasoning, ginger garlic paste, salt and black pepper to the fish and mix. Then sprinkle the flour and coat around.
- In one bowl mix together panko crumbs, all-purpose flour and dried parsley.
- In another bowl whisk the egg with milk.
- First dip the fish in egg mixture then coat with panko crumbs. Keep aside. You can freeze these fish nuggets at this point.
- For Deep Frying: Heat oil in a deep pot. Fry fish nuggets on medium heat till golden on each side. Drain on a paper towel.
- For Air Frying: Place the fish nuggets in a single layer in the air fryer basket. Spray with some olive oil. Air fry for 10-15 mins at 180 C till golden and crispy. Don't forget to flip midway.
- For Baking: Bake at 200C for 15-18 mins.
- Serve the fish nuggets with tartar sauce or a dip of your choice. You can also sprinkle some extra peri peri seasoning on top.
- Use crushed cornflakes or breadcrumbs if you don't have panko crumbs.
PIN IT FOR LATER