Greek Style potato wedges that are bursting with flavour of homemade Greek seasoning. They are baked in the oven till golden and crispy. And can be served as an appetizer or a side dish.
Who doesn't love crispy baked potato wedges? And when you season them with some homemade Greek spice blend they become all the more addicting.
So today let's bake Greek Style Potato Wedges that are crackly on the outside and soft and pillowy on the inside. These mouth-watering German Potato Pancakes and Parmesan Crusted Potatoes also have a crispy exterior and soft interior!
Fries are a family favourite, loved by kids and adults alike. So you will definitely love this healthier spin on French fries where instead of deep frying you toss them in a bit of olive oil and bake. And trust me, they are as irresistible as the fried ones like my Crispy Masala Fries.
How To Cut Potato Wedges
First cut each potato into half lengthwise. Then cut the halves into quarters. And then each quarter into half again. In simpler words, cut each half into four equal pieces. You will get 8 potato wedges from one potato.
How To Make Greek Style Potato Wedges
- Wash the potatoes well and then cut them into wedges along with their skin.
- Soak the wedges into cold water for 30 minutes to remove excess starch and then rinse and pat dry.
- Toss them with some olive oil and lemon juice. Then coat well with the homemade Greek seasoning.
- Place on a baking tray without overlapping and bake at 200 C for 20-40 minutes until done. Don't forget to flip them over once so both sides get equally golden.
Tips To Get Crispy Potato Wedges
- Cut the potatoes uniformly to get an even browning on them.
- Bake in a single layer, don't overlap the wedges in the pan. Otherwise instead of baking you will be steaming them.
- Use potatoes with high starch content like Russet, Yukon gold or Idaho. They have less moisture in them and crisp up more.
- You can serve these fabulous Greek Style Potato Wedges with my ultra crispy Zinger Burger or my incredibly juicy Ultimate Cheeseburger.
- These Spicy Fish Nuggets will also pair so well with the wedges.
- Another great option is my creamy Easy Individual Mac and Cheese.
You Might Also Like
Greek Style Potato Wedges
- 3 large potatoes Yukon gold or russet
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon dried parsley for garnishing
For Greek Seasoning:
- 1 tablespoon mixed herbs see note 1
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon crushed black pepper
- Wash and scrub the potatoes really well then cut them into wedges (explained in the post above).
- Fill a bowl with cold water and soak potatoes for 30 mins in it.
- Rinse with tap water and pat dry.
- Combine the ingredients of the Greek seasoning.
- Drizzle lemon juice and olive oil on the wedges and mix until fully coated. Then gently toss in the Greek seasoning.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and arrange the potato wedges in a single layer
- Bake at 200 C for 30-40 minutes in the middle rack until crispy and cooked through. Don't forget to flip halfway when the bottoms are golden.
- Sprinkle fresh or dried parsley before serving.
PIN ME FOR LATER