Crunchy, spicy and fresh, these Cajun Shrimp Tacos will quickly become a family favourite! The cajun-seasoned shrimp are coated with panko breadcrumbs and fried for extra crunch. The fried shrimp are wrapped in a soft tortilla with fresh vegetables and a creamy, zesty sauce. It's a fiesta in the mouth.
Crispy Cajun Shrimp Tacos make a quick and delicious hearty meal that everyone in your family will enjoy. The zesty, bold hints of cajun seasoning are a crowd pleaser for sure.
You can make these tacos for lunch or have them for dinner, they are very filling. Combine these with my Greek Style Potato Wedges and you will have the perfect meal at your table.
These tacos are bursting with so much flavour. The layers of crispy shrimp, red onions, tomatoes, lettuce and fresh coriander all smothered in a mayo-mustard-cajun dressing is just mind-boggling-ly scrumptious.
And this recipe is quite customizable too. Feel free to substitute with chicken, your fave veggies and any dipping sauce you love. If you like this definitely have a look at my Air Fryer Chicken Fajita Taquitos too.
So what are you waiting for? Whip up these mouthwatering shrimp tacos today and don't forget to leave your feedback here. Let's get started!
Components of Cajun Shrimp Tacos
- Crispy Cajun-Seasoned Shrimp - The crispy shrimp seasoned with cajun seasoning are so addictive. I always end up eating so many on their own. If you cannot find this seasoning use this recipe to make your own homemade version.
- Mayo-Mustard-Cajun Dressing - This mayo-mustard dressing with a subtle kick of spice takes these tacos up a notch.
- Fresh Vegetables - You can use any blend of sliced vegetables. See some variation ideas below. But for this meal I love adding sliced tomatoes, red onions and lettuce.
- Tortillas - In this recipe I have used small flour tortillas. You can also use corn or whole-wheat tortitllas.
How To Make It
- Clean the shrimp, pat dry and then marinate with cajun seasoning and leave aside for a couple of minutes.
- Dredge the shrimp in the seasoned panko breadcrumbs. The panko breadcrumbs add a better texture and crunch but you can also use regular breadcrumbs.
- Deep-fry or shallow fry the shrimp. For a healthier version, bake or air fry them. They still taste as good.
- Take a piece of toasted tortilla, add the sliced veggies, put on some fried shrimp and then finally drizzle the dressing.
- For a healthier version, you can grill or air fry the shrimp.
- Swap up flour tortillas with low-carb, corn or gluten-free tortillas.
- You can also replace the shrimp with chicken or salmon.
- Use a different seasoning mix like fajita, taco or
- Play with different vegetables. Some options to consider are cabbage, jalapeno, avocado and sweet corn.
- Use another sauce. Spicy chipotle, honey mustard, cilantro lime sauce, salsa and guacamole go quite well with tacos.
- Add some shredded cheese.
More Seafood Recipes
Crispy Cajun Shrimp Tacos
The crispy cajun-seasoned shrimp are wrapped in a soft tortilla with fresh vegetables and a creamy, zesty sauce. These tacos are a fiesta in the mouth.Print Pin Rate
- 200 g shrimps cleaned
- 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon sriracha sauce
- 2 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoon water
- oil for frying
- ½ cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon crushed black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tortillas
- ½ red onion sliced
- ½ tomato sliced
- 3-4 lettuce leaves sliced
- a few coriander leaves
- 3-4 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon mustard sauce
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- ½ teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- Marinate the shrimp with cajun seasoning and sriracha sauce for at least 15 minutes.
- Then add the all-purpose and water to it so that it becomes coated in a slight batter.
- Mix together panko breadcrumbs, crushed black pepper and dried oregano.
- Coat the shrimp with the seasoned breadcrumbs.
- Heat oil for deep or shallow frying. Fry the shrimp both sides till they are golden and crunchy.
- Remove on a paper towel.
- Make the sauce by mixing mayonnaise, mustard sauce, garlic ketchup, cajun seasoning and vinegar.
- Toast the tortillas on both sides.
- Start assembling the tacos by putting the fried shrimp, red onion, tomato, lettuce and coriander on the tortillas. In the end, drizzle some dipping sauce on it.
- Serve and enjoy.
PIN IT FOR LATER