Garlic Bread in air fryer is literally ready in 3 minutes. Or you can even bake it! To oomph it up, top the herbed garlic butter with some Mozzarella cheese and enjoy this crunchy, cheesy goodness with your favourite soup or pasta.
This Cheesy Garlic Bread is gonna be your new favourite snack. It’s warm, it’s comforting, it’s crispy, it’s cheesy, what more can a heart want?!
If you have an air fryer, you can have this bread all golden and bubbly in 3 minutes. But even in an oven it takes no more than 10 minutes.
Cheesy Garlic Bread is a family favourite for sure. Turn it into a hearty meal by serving it with some Spicy Pasta Arrabiata or my Stuffed Chicken with Sundried Tomatoes.
Why You'll Love It
- Ready in 3 minutes
- Ultimate comfort food
- Easy with minimal ingredients
- Crunchy crust with a cheesy top
- French Bread - I like to get fresh loaf of French bread from the bakery. You can also use a thick Italian loaf.
- Butter - Use unsalted butter which has a soft consistency (not melted). If you are using salted butter, skip the salt.
- Garlic - Mince or finely dice the garlic cloves. Use only fresh garlic.
- Olive Oil - A tad bit makes the consistency of the garlic butter better.
- Herbs & Spices - I add some salt, red chili flakes for heat, dried Italian herbs and dried parsley. If you are using fresh parsley you can skip the dried one.
- Cheese - In this recipe Mozzarella cheese is used. You can sprinkle any good melting cheese like colby jack cheese and provolone.
- Chives - I love the taste of chives. It really compliments the garlicky flavour. But if you want you can replace it with fresh parsley.
How To Make Cheesy Garlic Bread In Air Fryer
- Start by making the garlic butter. With a fork mix together the unsalted butter, minced garlic, salt, red chili flakes, Italian herbs, dried parsley and finely diced chives.
- Slice the French bread in half lengthwise. And to make it fit your air fryer basket, I suggest cut each slice in the middle to make four quarters.
- Spread the garlic butter generously on each slice of bread.
- Top with Mozzarella cheese and sprinkle some more Italian herbs and chives.
- Preheat the air fryer and put the garlic bread in one layer.
- Cook at 200 °C (400°F) for 3-4 minutes until the bread is golden and toasty to your liking.
Put the bread slices on an oven tray lined with parchment paper. Bake in a preheated oven at 200 °C (400 °F) for 8 minutes. Then broil for an extra 2 minutes to make the cheese golden.
- Freshly grated cheese melts much better. Although I have used pre-shredded cheese in this recipe.
- Keep an eye while air frying. After 3 minutes keep checking and when it’s golden to your liking take out.
- Broil 2 minutes if making in the oven i.e shift the garlic bread to the top rack with only the upper grill on.
- Serve warm but wait a couple of minutes before slicing into it.
- Smear pesto for an herby kick of basil.
- Mix in some Parmesan in the garlic butter.
- Use jalapeno instead of red chili pepper.
- Make it meaty with shredded chicken or pepperoni.
- Give a pizza spin by topping with black olives and diced bell pepper.
- Dunk this Cheesy Garlic Bread in my Chinese Hot and Sour Soup.
- Serve it alongside any pasta with my favourite being Creamy Mushroom and Spinach Pasta, Pasta with Pesto Rosso and Spicy Pasta Arrabiatta.
- Pair it with my Chicken Schnitzel with Mushroom Sauce or Stuffed Chicken with Sundried Tomatoes.
Yes, add the toppings including shredded cheese to the bread halves. Put on a tray and flash freeze until solid. Then wrap each bread with a cling then a foil. Keep in the freezer for upto a month.
Honestly garlic bread is best enjoyed fresh. If you still have leftovers, store in an airtight container and re-heat in an oven or air fryer. Warming in the microwave will make it soggy.
More Side Dishes
Let’s stay connected! Follow me on Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest for the latest updates. And subscribe to my YouTube channel for video recipes.
Cheesy Garlic Bread in Air Fryer (Plus Oven)
- 1 loaf French bread
- 100 g unsalted butter softened
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 5-6 garlic cloves minced
- 3-4 tablespoon chives diced
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian herbs
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- ½ teaspoon red chili flakes optional
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a bowl add the butter, olive oil, chives, garlic, dried Italian herbs, dried parsley, red chili flakes and salt. Combine everything well with a fork.
- Slice the French bread in the middle lengthwise. Cut each slice further into two pieces so you have four quarters.
- With a butter knife spread the garlic butter generously on top of each slice of bread.
- Top with shredded Mozzarella cheese evenly and sprinkle some diced chives and Italian herbs.
For Air Frying:
- In a pre-heated air fryer put the bread in one layer. Cook at 200 °C (400 °F) for 3-4 minutes till the cheese is all melted and golden.
- In a pre-heated oven put the bread on a baking tray. Bake at 200 °C (400 °F) for 8 minutes and then broil for 2 minutes until the cheese is golden on top.
- Slice and serve hot!
- If you are using salted butter, skip the salt in the recipe.
- You can use fresh parsley instead of chives.
PIN IT FOR LATER
Ummm... you suggest lining the fryer with WAX PAPER! Have you ever put wax paper in an oven? You'll be lucky to not burn the house down! The better option would be parchment paper.
Hi! Sorry yes, my mistake. Where I live it's called neither, so I got confused between the two. Thanks for pointing out. I have edited it.
So well done !!!! Brava !
Jessica Formicola says
I love that this garlic bread is made in the air fryer! Leaves room in the oven for other things!
Exactly! Thank you for the feedback.
Angela Morris says
I love the topping on this cheesy garlic bread! And it cooks up so quickly in the air fryer.
Thank you for liking the recipe!
Mindee Taylor says
So good! Had never thought of red chili flakes on garlic bread. Gave it a fantastic kick!
I know right?! Chili makes everything better. 😉
This was so easy to make, and I love how crispy the garlic bread becomes when I use my air fryer! Thanks for sharing!
Yay glad you liked it! x
I love cheesy garlic bread, but I never would have thought to do it in the air fryer. Such a great idea!
It saves so much time and is also perfectly crispy.